Translate

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Adventure!

Some people take extremely dangerous chances to feel the adventure adrenalin!  I, myself, am happy with "safe" adventures:-)  Just seeing Dean Potter on the rope, below, is enough to put butterflies in my stomach! 
  Sometimes, the things that happen in life can be an adventure we didn't ask for.  There is no reason to fear, even though you may be facing tough challenges.  Because Jesus lives, you have deliverance!  Help is on the way!  Psalm 34:4, " He answered me and rescued me from all my fears."  Jesus says in Isaiah 41:10, "Don't panic. I'm with you. There's no need to fear for I'm your God.
I'll give you strength. I'll help you. I'll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you,
With My saving right hand!
  God's best 2 U,       Joy J
Kate Rutherford can't hear a thing while climbing so close to the roar of Yosemite Falls. She can't find much to hang on to either. The water polishes the rock "like glass." Wearing tape on her hands, she has to repeatedly jam them into fissures for the ascent. Spectacular scenery makes up for the discomfort. The climbing route is called Freestone, Rutherford says, because "it's a peach of a route."



Photo: Kate Rutherford scaling a rock face next to Yosemite Falls

Photograph by Carsten Peter, National Geographic
Going underground, expedition members enter Hang En, a cave tunneled out by the Rao Thuong River. Dwindling to a series of ponds during the dry months, the river can rise almost 300 feet (91 meters) during the flood season, covering the rocks where cavers stand.

Photo: Explorers entering a cave in Vietnam

Photograph by Jimmy Chin, National Geographic
"It feels like I'm hovering in space," says Dean Potter, perched on a highline above Yosemite Falls. Gusting winds and blinding mist make it tough to balance on the inch-thick rope 2,600 feet above the valley, but a tether attached to his waist protects him from disaster.
Photo: A climber balanced on a rope above Yosemite Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment