Translate

Monday, November 28, 2011

60 Minutes Special On Homeless Kids

I want to thank Lindy Jo on Facebook for bringing this to my attention.  I had read a headline about it, but hadn't checked it out.  I like Lindy's suggestion to do something this Christmas
as follows:
Lindy Jo Quam MarkesonThis year for Christmas I would like to ask all my Facebook friends to do some thing special. Please go out and buy some gift cards or help the homeless shelters or someone that is in need. I can not think of any thing that I really need this year. Watching 60 minutes last night and seeing all the homeless people with kids living in their cars just breaks my heart. So many people are really struggling and would appreciate things that we take for granted everyday.  Great suggestion Lindy! 

  No matter where you live on this planet, there are always people in need.  The Bible says in Acts 20:35,  "And I have been a constant example of how you can help those in need by working hard. You should remember the words of the Lord Jesus: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive."  Jesus demonstrated this loving principle every day of His life on this planet.  He must have shared everything when He was a boy growing up, because the Bible makes it clear that He did so as an adult! 
  I am director of the Seventh-day Adventist Community Services Center in the town where I live, and there are many in need.  It is a blessing to help them.  There are many with spiritual, emotional, mental, financial, physical, social and vocational needs.  Only Jesus can fill those needs through all of us:-) 
  If you want to donate to a worldwide relief charity, check out www.adra.org  They help not only here in America, but around this planet. 
God's best 2 U,       Joy J







No comments:

Post a Comment